Educational objectives of the Department of Geomatics Enginering for students are as follows:
- Preparing the student with a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental principles of Geomatics Engineering;
- Developing their technical competency to have professional practice in the fields of surveying technique, land management, geodesy, photogrammetry, remote sensing, cartography, and geographical information systems;
- Preparing the graduate in the fundamental principles and practices in surveying and mapping to obtain employment as an entry level Geomatician.
- Preparing the student to successfully meet the educational requirement for professional registration;
- Providing an awareness of organizations, surveying courses and activities that allow students to develop leadership skills and team building abilities;
- Preparing the student to solve engineering problems;
- Preparing the student to gain ethical and professional responsibilities and to have effective communication with colleagues and public.