Prof. Ian Dowman (UCL, one of former ISPRS president) says in GIM International July 2010 issue: ... There’s a danger that people, institutions and organizations are using data without understanding how they were acquired, or explaining wrongly… …And I tend to think that, at least from a UK perspective, more young people are going to university, but not choosing the difficult studies involving mathematics and science.
So GeoEtrim has been started to be developed by such a motivation.
GeoSpot is for high-accurate 3D georeferencing of linear array stereo-images via sensor-dependent orientation model. The existing version of Geospot is available for reaching sub-pixel accuracy at ground control points (GCPs) and ~1 pixel at independent check points (ICPs) updating (i.e. compensating or adjusting) the interior and exterior orientation parameters using GCPs for SPOT-5 HRG level 1A images. One of the originality of GeoSpot is its ability to estimate the cross-correlation between interior and exterior orientation parameters.
GeoTrans can estimate 2D georeferencing accuracy using sensor independent models (2D or 3D affine, polynomial models, affine projection, projective and DLT) and sensor dependent or independent RFM (Rational Function Model).
GeoIP is the image processing packages especially used during the education activities. Some parts are written by the author without using Matlab functions.
Geo3o1 is developed for the three stereo images for the similar aims of GeoSpot. This package is currently under development.
Presentations: Watch the presentation in Youtube for the paper GeoEtrim, SharpQ and Epix: Trio of Tools for Geospatial Image Analysis by Hüseyin Topan, Mustafa Özendi, Ali Cam and Murat Oruç.
Related Publications: Please click the title to download.
- Georeferencing Accuracy Assessment of High Resolution Satellite Images Using Figure Condition Method, Hüseyin TOPAN, Hakan Ş. KUTOĞLU, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Volume 47, Issue 4, May 2009, pp. 1256-1261, DOI: 10.1109/TGRS.2008.2008098, Times cited: 3 (according to WOS, last update: 31th Jan. 2014)
- Geometric Analysis of High Resolution Space Images Using Parametric Approaches Considering Satellite Orbital Parameters, PhD Thesis, Advisor: Prof.Dr. Derya MAKTAV, Istanbul Technical University Graduate School of Science Engineering and Technology, December 2009.
- [TR] SPOT-5 HRG 1A stereo görüntülerinin geometrik doğruluğunun uydu yörünge bilgilerini kullanan parametrik modelle incelenmesi, Hüseyin TOPAN, Derya MAKTAV, ITU Dergisi/D Mühendislik, Cilt: 9, Sayı:6: 59-72.
- [TR] GeoSpot: Doğrusal Dizi Uydu Görüntülerinin Uydu Yörünge Parametreleri ile Demet Dengelenmesi, Hüseyin TOPAN, Derya MAKTAV, III. Uzaktan Algılama ve Coğrafi Bilgi Sistemleri Sempozyumu, 11-13 October 2010, Gebze-Kocaeli, pp: 53-62
- GeoEtrim: Geospatial Evaluation and Training of Images, Hüseyin TOPAN, 5th International Conference on Recent Advances in Space Technologies (RAST 2011), 9-11 June 2011, Istanbul, pp: 142-147.
- [TR] Yüksek Çözünürlüklü Uydu Görüntülerinin Koordinatlandırılmasında RFM
Kullanımı, Hüseyin TOPAN, IV. Uzaktan Algılama ve Coğrafi Bilgi Sistemleri Sempozyumu, 16-19 October 2012, Zonguldak.
- [TR] Yüksek Çözünürlüklü Uydu Görüntülerinin Koordinatlandırılmasında RFM Kullanımı, Hüseyin TOPAN, Havacılık ve Uzay Teknolojileri Dergisi, Cilt 6, Sayı 1, Ocak 2013: 81-86.
- First Experience with Figure Condition Analysis Aided Bias Compensated Rational Function Model for Georeferencing of High Resolution Satellite Images, Hüseyin TOPAN, Journal of the Indian Society of Remote Sensing, December 2013, Vol. 41, Issue: 4, pp. 807-818, DOI: 10.1007/s12524-013-0273-4.
- Efficiency of Orientation Parameters on Georeferencing Accuracy of SPOT-5 HRG Level-1A Stereoimages, Hüseyin TOPAN, Derya MAKTAV, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, June 2014, Vol. 52, No. 6, pp. 3683-3694, DOI: 10.1109/TGRS.2013.2274775.
- Combined Efficiency of RPC and DEM Accuracy on Georeferencing Accuracy of Orthoimage: Case Study with Pléiades Panchromatic Mono Image, Hüseyin TOPAN, Murat ORUÇ, Talha TAŞKANAT, Ali CAM, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, June 2014, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 1148-1152, DOI: 10.1109/LGRS.2013.2288360.
- Georeferencing Accuracy Assessment of Pléiades 1A Images Using Rational Function Model, Hüseyin TOPAN, Talha TAŞKANAT, Ali CAM, International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Volume XL-7/W2, ISPRS2013-SSG, pages: 251-256, 11 – 17 November 2013, Antalya, Turkey, DOI: 10.5194/isprsarchives-XL-7-W2-251-2013.
- Invited paper – Optik Uydu Görüntülerinden Konuma Bağlı Bilgi Üretimi ve Doğruluk Değerlendirmesi, Hüseyin TOPAN, Murat ORUÇ, Mustafa ÖZENDİ, Ali CAM, Yer Gözlem Uydu Teknolojileri ve Veri Kıymetlendirme Çalıştayı, 19-20 Mart 2014, Ankara
- GeoEtrim, SharpQ and Epix: Trio of Tools for Geospatial Image Analysis, Hüseyin Topan, Mustafa Özendi, Ali Cam and Murat Oruç, International Archieves of Photogrammetry Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciencies, Vol. XL-7: 189-194, in ISPRS TC-VII Mid-term Symposium, hematic Processing, Modeling and Analysis of Remotely Sensed Data, 29 September – 2 October 2014, İstanbul, DOI: 10.5194/isprsarchives-XL-7-189-2014.
- [TR] Dönüşüm Katsayılarının ve Sayısal Yükseklik Modelinin Konum Doğruluğunun Ortogörüntülerin Konum Doğruluğu Üzerindeki Etkisinin Belirlenmesi: Ikonos, QuickBird, OrbView-3 ve Pléiades-1A Görüntüleri ile Örnek Uygulama, Hüseyin TOPAN, 5. Uzaktan Algılama ve Coğrafi Bilgi Sistemleri Sempozyumu, 14-17 October 2014, İstanbul.