Brief information: Following the five experiments via SPOT (Système Pour l’Observation de la Terre) series, a new constellation has been established by CNES (the Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales- National Centre for Space Studies). The first member of the constellation is Pléiades 1A launched in its sun- synchronous and almost circular orbit in 17th December 2011, and the other one, Pléiades 1B, has been launched in 2nd December 2012. This constellation is expected to serve until 2023.
Astrium announces a world-wide invitation to evaluate the images establishing the Pléiades Users Group (PUG). 120 of 180 proposals were received into the PUG. Only this proposal was selected among 3 proposals from Turkey. To see all PUG projects, please click here. Now, Astrium was renamed as Airbus Defence and Space, and PUG was renamed as MyGIC (GEO Innovation Community).
Pléiades images received within MyGIC project are evaluated with the support of BEU and TUBITAK projects.
1. Georeferencing accuracy,
2. Geometric and radiometric analysis,
3. Pan-sharpened image generation and quality assessment,
4. DSM/DEM (Digital Surface/Elevation Model) generation and comparison via the reference DEMs,
5. Geospatial information based content analysis, and
6. Forest and environmental applications etc.
Res. Assist. Fatih Aliyazıcıoğlu
Mr. Mehmet Akif Erdoğan
Presentation: Watch the project final presentation in Youtube.
Publications (click on the title to download full paper)
1. Combined Efficiency of RPC and DEM Accuracy on Georeferencing Accuracy of Orthoimage: Case Study with Pléiades Panchromatic Mono Image, Hüseyin TOPAN, Murat ORUÇ, Talha TAŞKANAT, Ali CAM, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, June 2014, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 1148-1152, DOI: 10.1109/LGRS.2013.2288360.
2. Georeferencing Accuracy Assessment of Pléiades 1A Images Using Rational Function Model, Hüseyin TOPAN, Talha TAŞKANAT, Ali CAM, International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Volume XL-7/W2, ISPRS2013-SSG, 11 – 17 November 2013, Antalya, Turkey, pages: 251-256, DOI: 10.5194/isprsarchives-XL-7-W2-251-2013.
3. [TR] Pléiades-1A Görüntülerinin Pan-Sharpening Performansının İncelenmesi, Mustafa ÖZENDİ, Hüseyin TOPAN, Murat ORUÇ, Ali CAM, 5. Uzaktan Algılama ve Coğrafi Bilgi Sistemleri Sempozyumu, 14-17 October 2014, İstanbul.
4. [TR] Pléiades-1A Görüntülerinin Gerçek Geometrik Çözünürlüğünün ve Radyometrik Kalitesinin Belirlenmesi, Ali CAM, Hüseyin TOPAN, Mustafa ÖZENDİ, Murat ORUÇ, 5. Uzaktan Algılama ve Coğrafi Bilgi Sistemleri Sempozyumu, 14-17 October 2014, İstanbul.
5. Radiometric and Geometric Characteristics of Pléiades Images, Karsten JACOBSEN, Hüseyin TOPAN, Ali CAM, Mustafa ÖZENDİ, Murat ORUÇ, ISPRS Technical Commission I Symposium, 17–20 November 2014, Denver, Colorado, USA, Editor(s): C. Toth, T. Holm, and B. Jutzi, International Archieves of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciencies, Vol. XL-1, pp. 173-177, DOI:10.5194/isprsarchives-XL-1-173-2014. Corrigendum.
6. DEM Generation with Short Base Length Pleiades Triplet, Karsten JACOBSEN, Hüseyin TOPAN, PIA15+HRIGI15 – Joint ISPRS Conference, 25–27 March 2015, Munich, Germany, Editor(s): U. Stilla and C. Heipke, International Archieves of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciencies, Vol.XL-3/W2, pp. 81-86, DOI: 10.5194/isprsarchives-XL-3-W2-81-2015. Corrigendum.
7. Pan-Sharpening Quality Investigation of PLÉIADES-1A Images, Mustafa ÖZENDİ, Hüseyin TOPAN, Murat ORUÇ, Ali CAM, Geocarto International, Volume 31, Issue 8, pp. 881-890, 2016, DOI: 10.1080/10106049.2015.1094520.
8. Pléiades Project: Assessment of Georeferencing Accuracy, Image Quality, Pansharpening Performence and DSM/DTM Quality, Hüseyin Topan, Ali Cam, Mustafa Özendi, Murat Oruç, Karsten Jacobsen, and Talha Taşkanat, International Archives of Photogrammetry Remote Sensing and Spatial Informaton Sciences, Vol. XLI-B1, pp. 503-510, DOI: 10.5194/isprs-archives-XLI-B1-503-2016, ISPRS 23th Congress, Prague (Czech Republic), 12-19 July 2016.
9. Image Quality Assessment of Pléiades-1A Triplet Bundle and Pan-sharpened Images, Karsten Jacobsen, Hüseyin Topan, Ali Cam, Mustafa Özendi, Murat Oruç, Photogrammetrie – Fernerkundung – Geoinformation, Volume 2016, Number 3, August 2016, pp. 141-152(12), DOI: 10.1127/pfg/2016/0291
10. [TR] Pléiades Projesi: Pléiades-1A Pankromatik ve Çok Bantlı Görüntülerinin Konum Doğruluğunun, Görüntü Kalitesinin, Pan-Keskinleştirme Başarımının ve Sayısal Yükseklik Modeli Kalitesinin Belirlenmesi, Hüseyin Topan, Ali Cam, Mustafa Özendi, Murat Oruç, Talha Taşkanat, VI. Uzaktan Algılama ve Coğrafi Bilgi Sistemleri Sempozyumu (VI. UZAL-CBS 2016), pp. 712-722, 5-7 October 2016, Adana.
11. [TR] Pleaidas 1A Pankromatik Görüntüsünün Bilgi İçeriğinin Belirlenmesi ve Kentsel Değişim Belirlemede Kullanımı: Zonguldak Fener Bölgesi Örneği, Oya Burcu Bakioğlu, Hüseyin Topan, Murat Oruç, Mustafa Özendi, Çağlar Bayık, VI. Uzaktan Algılama ve Coğrafi Bilgi Sistemleri Sempozyumu (VI. UZAL-CBS 2016), pp. 551-557, 5-7 October 2016, Adana.